The YW Nurse-Family Partnership is a free program that pairs a first-time mother with a Registered Nurse Home Visitor for two and a half years. Your Nurse Home Visits start during your pregnancy and continue until your child is 2 years old. During that time you’ll schedule 64 Nurse Home Visits. Your Nurse Home Visitor will help you:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and give birth to a healthy baby
- Get your home ready and safe for your baby
- Learn how to be a good parent
- Teach your family and friends what they can do to help you
- Get referrals for support services such as child care, health care and job training
- Go back to school and learn job skills
- Set goals for your family and reach them
To Be Eligible for the YW Nurse-Family Partnership You Must:
- Be pregnant with your first child
- Be 25 weeks pregnant or less (you can register as early into your pregnancy as you like; we recommend that your Nurse Home Visits start by your 16th week of pregnancy)
- Have a total household income lower 185% of the Federal Poverty Level
For more information, to see if you are eligible and to register, call 214.584.2322 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you represent a Dallas-based agency and would like to refer a client to the YW Nurse-Family Partnership program, complete this Client Referral Form and fax it to 214.584.2332.