Are You Ready to Empower Women?
When you’re ready to help, the first step is to contact YW at email@example.com or 214.584.2348.
What do you like to do?
Below are just a few ways that you can support YW through your gift of volunteerism:
Join the YW Social Media Team
- Support YW efforts by sharing and commenting on YW content via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media outlets.
- Work with YW staff to integrate the latest in social media and other technology into YW’s marketing and fundraising efforts
Join the YW Research Team
- Gather information and current statistics on topics important to YW like women and poverty, women’s and children’s health, and parenting education
- Collect success stories from clients and other volunteers*
One-Time Volunteer Opportunities:
- Represent YW at a community fair*
- Present a 1- to 1.5-hour workshop on a specialized topic
- Conduct a YW Self-Sufficiency Calculator screening*
- Provide administrative support at the YW office
- Update YW’s Community Resource Guide
- Organize YW’s financial education resource library
- Volunteer for a special event
Longer-Term Volunteer Opportunities:
- Lead one of YW’s 6-week, 12-hour Financial Education Workshop Series*
- Conduct a diaper drive, maternity wear round-up, financial education book fair, or other donation drive for YW clients
- Provide incentives for YW clients—gift cards, gas cards, etc.
- Provide company-branded items for client use—pens, binders, file folders, calculators, coupon pouches, etc.
- Serve as a YW client or staff leadership mentor
- Host a mixer for YW clients and volunteers—one-time or ongoing
- Host YW’s annual Nurse-Family Partnership event
*YW volunteer opportunities that require training by a YW staff member